Nothing like a simple, easy to make, yet delicious salad, to curb our appetite and leave us feeling healthy and light. We’ve picked out the recipes of the five easiest salads you can make without having to worry about the ingredients or the process of putting it together. Which salad would you like to treat yourself to, today?
- Simple Crunchy Cracks: This is one of the most nutritious and healthy salads with a combination of cabbage, carrots, and yogurt. Did you know that cabbage is actually a great vegetable for weight loss containing only 33 calories per cup? Also, low-fat yogurt is a powerhouse of protein that is essential for cell growth, tissue repair as well as muscle building. All you need to do is mix 200 g of finally chopped cabbage, one large carrot and finely chopped four onions in a large bowl. Stir it with low-fat yogurt and season it with pepper. You can top it with the radishes, peanuts, and the parsley before serving.
- Power-packed Broccoli Salad: This delicious broccoli salad has loads of healthy antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Did you know that Broccoli is packed with vitamins K, C, A, and B2? It has fiber, folate, pantothenic acid, chromium, phosphorus, manganese and potassium which are very beneficial for overall health. All you need to do is mix 1/3 cup crumbled cheese, 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 clove garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Add 250 gms of broccoli crowns, 500gms of chickpeas and 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper. Bon apetit!
- Fun Rainbow Salad: The color of this salad is as enticing as its taste. Kids and teens who are fussy about eating salads would surely love it. The rainbow salad contains a wide range of colourful vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, and onions. Take 1 and a 1/2 cup of diced bell peppers, 1 and a 1/2 cup of chopped broccoli, 1 cup shredded carrots, 1/2 cup diced radishes, dressing and 50 gms of finely diced onions in a medium bowl. Toss to mix. You can also add a few herbs and spices to taste and serve chilled.
- Classic Green Pea Salad with cheese: An all-time classic and one of the easiest salad recipes. Take a large glass bowl and mix 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1/2 cup diced celery , salt, 1/2 cup of diced red bell pepper together. Now pour in the peas and cheese and mix well. Drizzle the chopped lettuce leave from above and serve at room temperature.
- Crispy Cucumber and Tomatoes Salad: One of the simplest vegetarian salads, it can be consumed as an evening snack or coupled with protein-rich foods during lunch or dinner. Mix 2 tablespoons vinegar, salt, 1 teaspoon of white sugar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley and 1 tablespoon of chopped basil leaves in a large bowl and add the cucumber, onions and tomatoes to it, toss well and keep aside for 15 minutes before serving.
The taste of salads depend on the ingredients you use. Using herbs and spices would be a great way to enhance the flavors. Balance your mindful eating by making sure you drink enough fluids during the day – a sure way to stay healthy and fit in the long run!